Vacancy: Senior Business Developer Hydrogen
Senior Business Developer Hydrogen
A challenging role at Smart Delta Resources in the region Zealand/East-Flanders
The SDR Organisation
Smart Delta Resources is an initiative taken by 14 energy- and feedstock intensive companies searching for a reduction in their use of energy and feedstock through industrial symbiosis. The cooperation involves companies in the cross-border region of Zeeland/Brabant and East-Flanders. Companies from Steel, Chemicals, Energy and Food Industry work together to create industrial synergies by the development of concrete business cases and projects. The industrial symbiosis between the various sectors in the region has economic optimization as a starting point, but in time it also contributes to making their processes more sustainable. This collaboration contributes to the national targets for sustainable economic development, with the reduction of the carbon footprint as the highest priority. The platform is actively supported by the Provinces of Zealand, East-Flanders and the North Sea Port. NV Economische Impuls Zeeland facilitates the platform.
Since 2019 SDR focusses fully on the Energy Transition for their members. Amongst others is the development of a Hydrogen cluster an essential step into the required transition.
The Hydrogen Challenge
Hydrogen is generally expected to be one of the key drivers for decarbonization of the industry. For that reason, the cooperating companies in the region developed an action plan for creating the necessary infrastructure and production facilities for the supply and transport of Hydrogen throughout the region. With its offshore wind energy supply from Borssele 1-4, its high hydrogen demand in a versatile industrial portfolio, the region has excellent opportunities or success in mitigating climate change.
As a senior business development manager, you are expected to deliver total success to the development of Hydrogen Supply and Transport facilities throughout the region. You will be initiating and developing the hydrogen business case together with industrial and public partners aiming at the formation of a consortium that will invest in the necessary production and infrastructure facilities. The project requires an integrated approach of business development including engineering, business economics and stakeholder management. Alignment with regional, national and European stakeholders is an essential part of the role to obtain all necessary political and financial support to make it happen.
You will become a member of the SDR team with colleagues active in business development, project management and stakeholder management. This team is fully focused and committed in preparing and delivering all support necessary to facilitate a successful transition of the industry in the region.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage and lead the Hydrogen project in a multi stakeholder environment supporting our clients to make the best value decisions;
- Develop, lead and manage the Hydrogen Project team during project development and delivery;
- Coordinate stakeholder input, prepare project briefs and business cases and gain the necessary approvals with the clients;
- Be in charge of all project controls: e.g. planning, cost control, project administration and contract management;
- Reporting to the SDR-Program director.
Within this role we expect you:
- to have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effortlessly adjust yourself in an international and culturally diverse environment and able to act as coach and mentor for other staff;
- are able to build and maintain trust at senior director level with the project board;
- are having strong business acumen and sound understanding of business financials
- are aware of international standards and developments in the fields HSE, sustainability and engineering practices
- to act with transparency and high-degree of collaboration with other teams
Requirements for the role:
- High commitment and achievement drive
- Strong leadership, influencing, decision making and negotiation skills
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work autonomously
- Proven track record in managing medium & large scale projects, with multidisciplinary teams in the industry or alike.
- Education: Master in Technical or Business Studies
Location and availability
- The activities will reside in Zealand and East-Flanders, so local presence is of high importance as soon as circumstances around Covid-19 allow.
- Availability minimum 3 days/week.
- Start: as soon as possible.
Ask for Onno Sinke, SDR secretary and communication advisor, email@example.com / +31 (0) 6 30499149.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.